The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Queensland (RSPCA Qld) is the state’s oldest, largest and leading animal welfare charity, dedicated to improving the lives of all domestic, farmed and native animals throughout Queensland.
We are the leading animal welfare charity in Queensland, currently rehoming more animals than any other organisation in the Southern Hemisphere. As a non-government, community based charity, we are the only charity with the power to prosecute animal cruelty and neglect. We care for displaced domestic pets as well as native wildlife patients in our Brisbane RSPCA Wildlife Hospital.
Each year over 52,000 animals need assistance from the RSPCA. RSPCA Qld requires over $49 million annually to support our animal centres, programs and services. RSPCA Qld, a community based charity receives less than 4% of funding from the government and relies on donations, bequests and sponsorships from ordinary Queenslanders, just like you.
Our mission statement is simple, but powerful: Helping Animals, Enlightening People, Changing Lives
Patron: His Excellency the Honourable Paul de Jersey AC, Governor of Queensland.
Our promise to you
- Make a difference: Your passion for animal welfare will be reflected in our dedication and hard work
- Share: You will always know the impact of your gift and will have full access to RSPCA state and territory annual reports
- Listen: Your wishes and requests will be listened to and acted upon wherever possible
- Respect: Your relationship and interactions with us will be based on mutual respect
- Be Responsible: Your gifts will be used to fund the most vital work across the state
- Protect Your Information: Your personal information will never be sold or traded to other charity or organisations