Whether an animal has been surrendered, neglected, abandoned, lost, is unwanted, sick or injured, our centres throughout Queensland provide all creatures great and small a safe and comfortable place to stay while they receive the care and attention they need, and deserve.
At RSPCA Qld, we have close working relationships with councils, rescue groups and other welfare organisations, which positions us to give even more animals a second chance of finding a forever home, and to re-unite even more lost animals with their owners.
Over the past year, RSPCA Qld provided over 1 million animal care days. If you start to look at the number of meals, the amount of laundry, the number of walks - it is truly amazing the time that has been given by over 250 staff and over 5,000 volunteers, foster carers, rescue groups and wildlife carers.
- RSPCA Qld cared for 50,342 animals
- Live release rate of 87.5% compared to 83% the previous year
- 21,723 Wildlife patients statewide
- 7,515 animals were placed in Foster Care
- The call centre answered 323,070 calls
- Lost and Found - Over 5,500 animals have been returned to their owners safely across Queensland
- 18,386 animal cruelty complaints and neglect calls were received
- 2,000 Queenslanders joined our monthly giving program, RSPCA Companions, taking our total Companion numbers to 6,000!
- Over 1500 enrolments for animal training – also attended seminars to over 500 Logan City Council residents as part of our joint partnership promoting responsible pet management
- 112,970 Animal Rescue calls received