“We simply couldn’t survive without them,” said RSPCA Qld spokesperson Michael Beatty.
He was of course referring to the more than 5,000 volunteers that volunteer at RSPCA shelters, wildlife and veterinary hospitals and Op Shops across the state. They assist veterinary nurses and animal attendants, they drive ambulances and animal delivery vehicles and they staff Op Shops that raise much needed funds that enable the RSPCA to care for over 50,000 animals that come into their care every year. All in all, volunteers contributed 550,668 hours to RSPCA Qld in the last year.
From Monday 17th May until the 23rd is National Volunteers Week and the nearly 6 million volunteers all over Australia are being remembered and saluted for their generosity of spirit and dedication to their chosen charity. Check out just some profiles of our volunteers in different parts of the state here.
Some of our urgent volunteer roles we are looking to fill include roles at Bundaberg, Dakabin and Kingaroy. To help volunteer your time, you can apply for these roles via the following links:
- Animal Care Kingaroy
- Dog Walkers Kingaroy
- Long distance driving Bundaberg
- Administration Assistant Bundaberg
- Animal Care Dakabin
Key Volunteer Roles also currently available:
- Animal Care Assistant + Vet Transfer Driver | Toowoomba
- Animal Care – Dogs | Noosa
- Animal Care | Gympie
- Animal Care Assistant + Gardening & Maintenance | Mackay
- Admin/ Adoption Office Role + Community Crew + Property Checkers| Mackay
- Op Shop Assistant Bundaberg
- Op Shop Assistant Bundall
- Op Shop Assistant Gympie
- Op Shop Assistant Labrador
- Op Shop Assistant Robina
- Eumundi Markets Car Park Attendant + Reception Assistant | Eumundi
- Gardening/ Maintenance + Transfer Drivers + Community Crew| Cairns