I disagree with Chicken Hatching Programs, what can I do to help?
1. Parents and Guardians can contact their child’s classroom teacher to express their concerns and disagreement with the programs. Sample letter attached here.
2. Teachers and educators can discuss concerns with colleagues and/or the leadership team and meet with them to discuss alternatives.
3. You can contact your local MP and ask that they support a ban on all Chicken Hatching Program activities.
4. If you know of a centre where Chicken Hatching Programs are taking place, contact the RSPCA or Animal Liberation Queensland so that we can supply information about alternatives.
5. Talk to your friends and family about Chicken Hatching Programs and express your concerns and discuss more humane alternatives
6. Enrol your children into the RSPCA Junior Ambassador program (ages 10 – 15) to learn more about appropriate animal husbandry on site at the Brisbane RSPCA Animal Care Campus.
If you would like more information, or wish to discuss this further, please contact ALQ or RSPCA Qld. We welcome any opportunity to chat to you about these programs.