As we head into winter most of us will drive to and from work during dawn and dusk hours, when our wildlife are most active. Please take extra care when driving during these times to help avoid a collision.
Download our infographic to help spread the word.
Here are some handy tips to avoid wildlife whilst driving:
• Stay alert particularly in signed wildlife areas.
• Avoid distractions such as passengers and the radio
• Slow down in high wildlife areas, expect the unexpected
• Avoid swerving and brake gradually
• Scan from side to side to watch for animals on either side of the road
• Limit driving through wildlife areas at dawn and dusk if possible
• Use your high beam when allowed but never flash your lights at wildlife