As part of our lost and found service the RSPCA Qld provides a service designed to help reunite animals with their owners. This service has helped hundreds of lost pets across Queensland to return home and could help yours too!
This service has two different levels:
Daily Searching Service - $50.00 for 30 days
If your pet is on the Daily Searching Service, this includes:
- A team of RSPCA Qld staff and volunteers conducting daily searches on our internal database. This database includes all animals that have been found - either lodged on the website by members of the public, brought in by our emergency Animal Ambulance or notified by vet surgeries.
- The team will search local pounds where your pet went missing.
- Your animal's file will stand out on our website with the special Pet D Tect status jumping to the front.
- We will create an RSPCA lost pet poster and send it to you, for you to distribute in your neighborhood and to local vets in your area.
- We will send an SMS alert to members of your local community on our Pet Recovery Network to notify them of your missing animal, gather sightings and report back to you with any results.
Rapid Call Service - $300.00 for 30 days
If your pet is on the Rapid Call Service, this includes:
- 30 days of the Daily Searching service (see above).
- A broadcast with a description of your pet will be sent to up to 2,000 home phones in the area your pet went missing – two calls will be made to each residence, to ensure we are contacting as many people as possible. There will be a direct phone line for sightings to be reported and trained professionals will follow any leads.
- A dedicated RSPCA Qld staff member will be available to assist with enquires and your search.
- We will send an SMS alert to members of your local community on our Pet Recovery Network to notify them of your missing pet, gather sightings and report back to you with any results.
To receive assistance from the Pet D Tect team with your search call 1300 36 37 36.
Finding Rover App
Please also consider uploading a photo of your animal to the free app Finding Rover (available on iPhone, Android, and the web). This innovative app uses facial recognition technology to match up lost and found animals. Tell your friends and family so that they can sign up too, and increase the reach of the app. If we work together, we can create a wide-reaching network to help bring missing animals home sooner! Available in the app store or at www.findingrover.com. Note that currently the app is only for dogs, with plans to include cats at a later date.
If you have any further queries do not hesitate to call our friendly staff on 3426 9999.