Every year tens of thousands of animals need our help. There are a few simple ways you can live harmoniously with wildlife.
It’s as easy as ABC - Animals, Backyard & Car!
- Desex your cat!
- Confine your pets to your property
- Plant native trees
- Build a possum box
- Don’t feed wildlife
- Don’t use rodenticides and insecticides
- Use wildlife friendly netting on your fruit trees
- Take tips to ensure your pool is wildlife safe
- Don’t litter
- Watch for wildlife when driving
Download our fact sheet for detailed information here.
Get your kids involved!
We’ve compiled some fun games and puzzles you can play with your children to help them learn more about wildlife, fostering a respect for our native animals and the world around us. For more information check out our education and school holiday programs here for hands on experience.
Wildlife colouring in
Want to learn more about endangered species in Queensland? View our native animals in their home ranges here.