What to expect
This rewarding volunteer role would suit applicants who are passionate about Australia’s native plants and are committed to improving wildlife welfare. This role involves collecting and transporting good quality leaf for our native wildlife patients. You will be outside in winter and summer weather and sometimes driving in the challenging conditions Queensland can offer.
What are the benefits?
- Opportunity to gain new skills and learn about our native plants
- Increased awareness of our native wildlife and the issues they face
- Becoming part of a friendly new community
What are the tasks?
- Driving around the greater Brisbane/Gold Coast/Sunshine coast area, using an RSPCA vehicle
- Collecting and transporting leaf from various locations back to the Wacol wildlife hospital
- In between driving jobs if required, assist with sweeping and mopping floors, removing rubbish, washing animals’ water and food bowls, replacing food and water.
- Communication with RSPCA Wildlife Hospital Staff
What skills and characteristics do I need?
- Willingness to learn
- A manual open driver’s licence is required, and the ability to use GPS to navigate to unfamiliar places
- Be physically fit (able to lift 10kg) and comfortable in a wide variety of outdoor situations
- Attention to detail and able to accurately follow instructions
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Able to be flexible and adaptable
- Excellent communication skills
When can I volunteer?
- Monday to Thursday 6am-12pm
- Please be aware that due to the nature of this role we ask you to be flexible to an extent with your shift time – it can be difficult to judge the length of a particular trip due to changeable traffic or weather conditions
- We request a minimum commitment of 1 x four hour shift per week for a minimum of 3 months. Orientation and animal training will be provided.
*Volunteers must be over 21 to volunteer in this position*
PLEASE NOTE: As part of volunteering with us you will be required to purchase an RSPCA Volunteer T-shirt for $30.
For further information, please contact our Brisbane Volunteer Coordinator on 3426 9915 or email@example.com, or APPLY NOW below.