What to expect
This role involves coordinating our very busy reception desk at the shelter. Tasks include greeting customers, assisting with data entry, adoption queries, answering the phones, responding to emails, typing correspondence and other general office administration tasks.
What are the benefits?
- Meeting all our wonderful staff and volunteers
- Joining a team of enthusiastic, hardworking individuals, who will support you in learning new skills
What skills and characteristics do I need?
- Excellent communication skills / Friendly and welcoming nature
- Computer literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Database entry
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and multitask
- Excellent attention to detail
- Reliable and committed
- Wanting to join a team where saving lives and animal welfare are our top priority
Skills to be gained?
- Knowledge of the RSPCA
- Experience with various administrative duties
- Further develop customer service skills
- Learning to interact with all of our animals
- Spending quality enrichment time with the animals and saving lives!
This role is available during the week, morning, afternoon or all day. We ask for a commitment of one shift per week for a minimum of 3 months. Full orientation and training is provided.
PLEASE NOTE: As part of volunteering with us you will be required to purchase an RSPCA Volunteer T-shirt for $30. It is also a requirement that before handling animals at the RSPCA you have an up to date Tetanus vaccination.
For further information, please contact our Bundaberg Volunteer Program Support Team on 07 4115 1736 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or APPLY NOW below.