Fourteen South East Queensland Telstra Stores have signed on to help the RSPCA care for animals in need. The participating Telstra Stores will donate $20 for every new post paid mobile plan connection on the first Saturday of each month for one year.
As well supporting the RSPCA through the phone plan purchases, the stores will house RSPCA donation “Paws Boxes” and staff are keen to help the RSPCA at special events such as Million Paws Walk.
“We couldn’t exist without our volunteers. We have over three thousand State wide and always need more, so the fact that the Telstra staff are keen to come on board as volunteers is great news,” said RSPCA Qld spokesperson Michael Beatty.
The participating Telstra stores are:
- Telstra Store North Lakes, Westfield North Lakes near the Heritage Bank
- Telstra Store Morayfield, Morayfield Shopping Centre near the Coles entrance
- Telstra Store Bribie Island, Bribie Island Shopping Centre outside Target
- Telstra Store Kippa Ring, Peninsula Fair Shopping Centre, opposite Coles
- Telstra Store Chermside, Westfield Chermside next to Big W
- Telstra Store Wynnum, Wynnum Plaza outside Coles
- Telstra Store Garden City, Westfield Garden City upper level next to the Chemist
- Telstra Store Myer Centre, The Myer Centre Level E near the Food Court
- Telstra Store Mt Ommaney, Mt Ommaney Shopping Centre near the Athlete’s Foot
- Telstra Store Toowoomba, Clifford Gardens Shopping Centre near the Food Court
- Telstra Store Dalby, Dalby Shoppingworld near The Reject Shop
- Telstra Store Warwick, Rose City Shoppingworld near Brumby’s
- Telstra Store Kingaroy, Kingaroy Shoppingworld near Brumby’s entrance
- Telstra Store Ballina, Ballina Fair Shopping Centre opposite Target
The partnership kicks off on Saturday March 7th in participating Telstra Stores and will run for one year.
Nearly 45,000 animals pass through RSPCA Qld’s Care Centres every year.