“There is a massive pet over-population all over Queensland and of course Australia, “said RSPCA Qld spokesperson Michael Beatty. “ Nearly 45,000 animals come into our care every year and the vast majority of these have not been de-sexed. We’ve got to get the message out there.”
The advantages to having you pet de-sexed are enormous.
- No risk of unwanted litters
- Reduces desire to roam
- Reduces risk of some cancers
- Reduces other unwanted behaviours such as urine spraying (cats)
- Cheaper Council registration fees
- Allows pets to be healthier and happier