The Operation Wanted desexing campaign is a collaboration between RSPCA Qld, local councils and local veterinarians offering 20% Off desexing by pre-registering with Operation Wanted through the website www.OperationWanted.com.au. The campaign runs from June 1 through to August 31 2020.“There is a massive pet over-population issue all over Queensland and of course Australia," said RSPCA Qld spokesperson Michael Beatty. “To give you an example, a five person household would need to own 30 cats and ten dogs to keep up with the over population. More than 45,000 animals come into our care every year and the vast majority of these have not been de-sexed. We’ve got to get the message out there.”
The advantages to having your pet de-sexed are enormous.
• No risk of unwanted litters
• Reduces desire to roam
• Reduces risk of some cancers
• Reduces other unwanted behaviours such as urine spraying (cats)
• Cheaper Council registration fees
• Allows pets to be healthier and happier