Waiting time: 1 ½ hour
1 cheesecake tin 10cm diameter
- 60g Carob & Peanut Golden Bone Bakery treats, alternatively you can use any of your dog’s favourite carob biscuit treats
- 30g Coconut Oil
- 40g Salmon
- 20g organic carob powder
- 1 tbsp crushed peanuts
- Small 5 cm deep spring form cake tin with removable bottom 10cm diameter
- Grease spring form tin with a bit of coconut oil. Place your carob treats in food processor. Process until chopped into smaller pieces.
- Add the coconut oil and process until combined. Press biscuit mixture evenly over base of prepared pan and place pan in fridge.
- Now mix the salmon with the organic carob powder until smooth in the food processor and spoon it onto the prepared tin.
- Sprinkle some crushed peanuts on the top as decoration & freeze for 1 ½ hours.
- Before you spoil your furry friend with this very special cake, make sure you remove the cake from its tin and leave it out for a couple of minutes to allow the filling to warm up a little. We recommend to cut the cake into smaller pieces before giving it to your dog.
Nutritional Benefits:Salmon is rich in Omega 3 fatty acid that may help lower the risk of heart disease. Carob is a dog’s healthy ‘chocolate’ and super rich in nutrients as vitamins and minerals as calcium, iron, magnesium. We love to add organic cold pressed coconut oil for antimicrobial properties and the irresistible taste.
With thanks to the Golden Bone Bakery who provided this delicious recipe