RSPCA Queensland is a non-government, community-based charity dedicated to improving the lives of domestic, farmed, and native animals in Queensland. Our mission statement is simple but powerful: Together We Change Lives.
About the role
In this role, you will be responsible for taking incoming calls on all animal matters in the Call Centre. Calls and queries range from donations, adoption enquiries, lost and found, external agency enquiries to cruelty complaint processing. You will be a frontline ambassador of the Society’s policies, campaigns and programs.
- Receiving incoming calls and answering queries on all animal matters in the Contact Centre.
- Rescue and cruelty complaints being the highest volume of calls.
- Upholding the Society’s policies, campaigns, and programs.
- Providing assistance and guidance to members of the public about adopting an animal.
- Providing assistance and guidance to members of the public surrendering animals to the Society.
- Delivering exceptional levels of customer service at all times.
Who are we looking for?
- Exceptional customer service skills coupled with an excellent phone manner.
- Accurate data entry skills coupled with a moderate level of computer literacy.
- Emotional intelligence.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to follow processes and guidelines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Exceptional problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- A passion to improve the lives of animals.
- Excellent time management and ability to multitask.
Part Time (27hrs per week or 36hrs per week) positions available. Working hours are across a seven-day roster with the majority of shifts between 6:00am and midnight. Applicants must be available to work weekends on a regular basis.
Remuneration is as per our Enterprise Agreement, for Customer Service Staff at Level 1 $22.67p/h (junior rates may apply). Penalty rates apply for overnight and weekend work. Please note: applicants must be available during business hours weekdays to complete training for the first four weeks.
Benefits and culture
- Health & Lifestyle benefits – Access to Lifeworks EAP, 6 weeks paid or 12 weeks half-paid Parental leave, Companion Animal leave, Study leave, Volunteer leave and other leave options.
- Free on-site parking, free animal adoption options, branded uniforms, discounts to the onsite World for Pets store and on-site café, free pet vaccines, 40% off Royal Canin pet food, coffee machine and much more!
- Salary packaging and novated lease arrangements on offer with our provider, Salary Packaging Australia.
- Access to a range of learning and development opportunities that will benefit and support you in your role.
- Countless opportunities to interact with the animals in our care.
- Be a part of a purpose driven organisation where the work you do really does have an impact on the welfare of animals.
How to apply
Please click here or visit www.seek.com.au and search using the keywords ‘Customer Experience Officer’, location ‘Wacol’ and follow the application instructions. Please include a copy of your resume and cover letter.
Due to government requirements, all applicants must be 18 years or over to be eligible to apply for this role.