Education tours of the Animal Care Campus are available to members of the public for a small donation.
At RSPCA Wacol Animals Care Campus we offer an informative and relaxed tour that will take approximately 1 hour and we will show you how we care for rescued animals. You will receive an overview and history of RSPCA, followed by the tour to our adoption areas, the wildlife and domestic animal hospitals, farmyard and other 'behind the scenes' areas of our campus.
While on campus you may want to stop by our Black Cat Café, shop at World for Pets or find a bargain at our Op Shop, all proceeds go towards the support and care of the animals at RSPCA Queensland.
View more information and book Weekday Tours.
Please remember that there are Workplace Health and Safety Concerns when you visit an animal care facility and some centres are unable to offer tours on particular days. Tours may not include the Veterinary Services sections of the centre in order to prevent the spread of infections. Our first priority is to keep our animals, ourselves, and our community safe!
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the cost per person?
- Can any age attend?
- How many people are on each tour?
- What do we see on the tour?
- Will we get to pat puppies and cuddle kittens?
- Is there much walking?
- Is the campus wheelchair and walker friendly?
- How long is the tour?
- Is it always inside a building?
- Anything else I should wear or bring?
- What is the cost per person? $5 per participant for Weekday tours; the donation will go directly to assisting animals in our care. back to top
- Can any age attend? Tours can be run for a minimum age of 7 years. back to top
- How many people are on each tour? The maximum number per group is 10-15. This allows each member to hear the guide and to move easily through some of the smaller areas within the tour. back to top
- What do we see on the tour? The tour covers the adoption areas, the wildlife and domestic animal hospitals, farmyard and other ‘behind the scenes’ areas of our campus. back to top
- Will we get to pat puppies and cuddle kittens? As Wacol is a working shelter, we cannot guarantee access to all areas or which animals we may interact with. We always keep the welfare of our animal guests at the forefront of any interactions. back to top
- Is there much walking? The tour covers a distance of somewhere near 400 metres, so each member will need to decide if this is within their physical capabilities. back to top
- Is the campus wheelchair and walker friendly? We have wheelchair amenities and access to all areas is available to those who may have walkers or a wheelchair. back to top
- How long is the tour? Each tour runs for approximately 60 minutes. back to top
- Is it always inside a building? The tour has a small amount of time in the sun, between buildings and while at the farmyard, so wearing a hat or sunscreen is recommended. back to top
- Anything else I should wear or bring? Closed in shoes are a must while within the campus. back to top