This rewarding volunteer role involves taking ownership of a particular RSPCA Community Event (BBQ, Million Paws Walk, Lamington Drive, Santa Paws) and helping lead a team of volunteers.
What are the benefits?
- The personal satisfaction of helping animals by raising much needed funds
- Becoming part of a friendly new community
- Gaining an understanding of RSPCA
- Opportunity to improve interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Opportunities to gain work experience in event management, marketing and team leading
What are the tasks?
- Engaging Volunteers to assist with the event and rostering
- Scheduling timetables, liaising with local businesses, assisting with budgeting
- Speaking to members of the public to answer general enquiries
- Marketing and promotion of the event to generate public interest
What skills and characteristics do I need?
- Great interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organisational and management skills
- Good understanding of RSPCA’s mission and stance on animal welfare issues
- Bright and fun approach to events
- Commitment and the ability to work independently.
When can I volunteer?
This role is flexible depending on availability but does require time, dedication and commitment to the particular event and associated timeline.
For further information, please contact our Gladstone Team at email@example.com, or APPLY NOW below.