What to expect
We’re looking for someone who can produce engaging and informative content and also help with copy-editing. This position will include content creation, research, interviewing, image selection, copy-editing. There is also an administration component to this role whereby you will be helping with the upkeep of the subscription database, liaising with clients and some sales enquiries. We produce a quarterly print magazine and there’s always something happening here at the RSPCA, so you must be highly adaptable and able to work to deadlines. The role is based at our office at the RSPCA Wacol.
What are the benefits?
- Opportunity to gain new skills or further experience in working with animals
- The satisfaction of knowing your skills have helped an animal advertised for adoption to find a new home
- Becoming part of a friendly new community
What are the tasks?
- Researching for article topics
- Interviewing people
- Writing articles
- Editing copy
- Administration tasks
- Sales and marketing
What skills and characteristics do I need?
- Bachelor or currently studying of Journalism or Bachelor of Communications degree, or similar
- Preferred experience in a journalism or copywriting role
- Experience writing advertorial and editorial content
- A creative mind with the ability to put forward engaging editorial ideas
- An eye for detail and the ability to edit your own and others work
- A great attitude
- A team player
- Computer proficiency
- Adobe In-design skills can be beneficial
When can I volunteer?
- This role has flexible hours, 7 days a week and working from home is an option for the right applicant.
- We request a minimum commitment of 1 x four hour shift per week for a minimum of 3 months. Orientation and training will be required at the RSPCA Wacol Campus.
PLEASE NOTE: As part of volunteering with us you will be required to purchase an RSPCA Volunteer T-shirt for $25. It is also a requirement that before handling animals at the RSPCA you have an up to date Tetanus vaccination.
For further information, please contact our Brisbane Volunteer Coordinator on 3426 9915 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or APPLY NOW below.