What to expect
This rewarding volunteer driver role would suit applicants who are reliable, passionate about animals and are committed to improving their welfare; who have great people skills and would love to make a contribution to the community. In this role you will be required to drive an RSPCA vehicle between the Wacol Animal Care Campus Warehouse and World for Pets stores, transferring stock between the stores and collecting stock to bring back to the Warehouse to fulfil online orders.
This role requires the volunteer to have initiative and common sense as you are responsible for driving safely as well as representing the RSPCA to the general public.
What are the benefits?
- Opportunity to gain new skills or further develop existing warehousing and stock inventory skills
- Experience with a broad range of pet products
- Gain a greater understanding of the RSPCA operations
- Becoming part of a friendly new team and making a great contribution to the ability of the RSPCA to raise much needed funds
What are the tasks?
- Significant driving around the greater Brisbane area, using an RSPCA vehicle to transport World for Pets stock items between stores and back to the Wacol Warehouse.
- Liaising with Warehouse team members and World for Pets staff
- Keeping track of daily jobs and ensuring stock is delivered to and picked up from the correct locations
What skills and characteristics do I need?
- Applicants must have a clean current manual driver’s licence
- Sound driving ability, confident in heavy traffic and all weather conditions
- Great people and communication skills, courteous and considerate
- Be physically fit (able to lift 10kg)
- Common sense and the ability to work autonomously and make decisions
- Able to be flexible and adaptable
When can I volunteer?
- We have one vacancy on Wednesday 9am-1pm.
- We request a minimum commitment of 1 x four hour shift per week for a minimum of 3 months. Orientation and training will be provided.
PLEASE NOTE: As part of volunteering with us you will be required to purchase an RSPCA Volunteer T-shirt for $30. It is also a requirement that before volunteering at the RSPCA you have an up to date Tetanus vaccination.
For further information, please contact our Brisbane Volunteer Coordinator on 3426 9915 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or APPLY NOW below.APPLY NOW