This rewarding volunteer role involves working in our Warehouse, checking stock against invoices, pricing stock, stock distribution and storage, packing items that have been ordered via our online store, and transporting stock to our World for Pets stores. The warehouse is the central hub for stock distribution across the region. You must be physically fit and able to lift 10 kilograms.
What are the benefits?
- Opportunity to gain new skills or further develop existing warehousing, distribution and stock inventory skills
- Experience with a broad range of pet products
- Gain a greater understanding of the RSPCA operations
- Become part of a friendly new team and make a great contribution to the RSPCA
What are the tasks?
- Picking and packing warehouse orders
- You will usually be working in a small team, will most likely spend the majority of the shift on your feet, and be required to follow the processes and procedures in the warehouse environment
- Checking stock against invoices
- Stock distribution and storage
When can I volunteer?
Vacancies are currently limited. This role is available Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday mornings 9am - 1pm.
We ask for a commitment of 1 shift per week for a minimum of 3 months. Full orientation and training is provided.
What skills and characteristics do I need?
- Good people skills, the ability to work both independently and as a part of a team, be physically fit.
- Confidence, commitment, and the ability to work independently.
- Attention to detail and able to accurately follow instructions
PLEASE NOTE: As part of volunteering with us you will be required to purchase an RSPCA Volunteer T-shirt for $30. It is also a requirement for certain roles at the RSPCA that you have an up to date Tetanus vaccination.
For further information, please contact our Brisbane Volunteer Coordinator on 3426 9903 or email@example.com, or APPLY NOW below.APPLY NOW