What to expect
Do you have creative flair and skills in videography? Would you like to use your talents to help our animals get adopted while gaining experience as a content creator in the industry? This rewarding volunteer position is an opportunity for someone who likes working collaboratively in a supportive, close-knit team, who is looking for an opportunity to learn and develop their creative skills.
What are the benefits?
- Build your videography portfolio in a supportive community
- Build your skillset while working directly with animals of all types
- Helping shelter animals find new homes through digital media
- Hands-on experience in a real-world environment
There are a multitude of things we can do to help promote our animals who are available for adoption – as part of the Creative Team you can choose to undertake tasks in one or multiple roles, depending on your skills. The creative volunteers work closely together as a team, combining their various talents to produce high-quality, professional video profiles of animals in the shelter in an effort to increase their chances of being adopted. Additionally, there will be opportunities to produce videos for RSPCA campaigns, our Facebook & Instagram pages, and internal education/training videos, along with assisting our in-house videographer in the production of video content.
As a volunteer videographer, your tasks will include:
- Operating DSLR cameras
- Liaising with the Creative Production Coordinator or working from the task list, co-ordinating the filming of our animals to produce creative, compelling video profiles
- Spending time with the shelter animals to understand their personalities and any special needs or characteristics they might have to present them in a positive light through your video production
- Learning RSPCA practices and gaining a greater understanding of how to best interact with animals of varying backgrounds
- Editing video content for use internally, on the Adopt-a-Pet website, and RSPCA QLD social media channels
- Understanding of basic DSLR videography (your own equipment is a bonus, but not required)
- Understanding NLE systems like Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, Sony Vegas etc
- Windows PC literate
- High levels of patience and a willingness to learn
- Some animal handling experience an advantage
- Ability to work cooperatively or individually
- High level of attention to detail
- Empathy for animals
• Thursday or Friday from 9am-1pm
• We request a minimum commitment of 1 x four hour shift per week for a minimum of 3 months.
• Orientation and animal training will be required.
PLEASE NOTE: As part of volunteering with us you will be required to purchase an RSPCA Volunteer T-shirt for $30. It is also a requirement that before handling animals at the RSPCA you have an up to date Tetanus vaccination.
For further information, please contact our Brisbane Volunteer Coordinator on 3426 9915 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or APPLY NOW below.
*** Please upload your CV and a link to your Portfolio with examples of your work when applying for this position ***