What to expect
This rewarding volunteer role involves transferring cats between Miami Adoption Centre and Wacol Campus in Brisbane or Dakabin Adoption Centre each week.
A dedicated animal transfer vehicle is provided. This role requires the volunteer to have initiative and common sense as they will be responsible for the safe transportation of animals. A courteous and considerate driver whom represents the RSPCA in a positive manner whilst driving a vehicle that clearly displays the RSPCA logo.
What are the benefits?
- Opportunity to improve your animal handling skills
- Gaining an understanding of RSPCA
- Becoming part of a friendly new community
What are the tasks?
The position involves transporting animals as required, this could be between Miami and Wacol Campus (Brisbane) or Dakabin Adoption Centre.
What skills and characteristics do I need?
- Applicants must hold a current open, automatic driver’s licence
- Sound driving ability, confident in heavy traffic and all weather conditions
- Great people and communication skills, courteous and considerate
- Be physically fit (able to lift 10kg)
When can I volunteer?
- Either on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. The day can be flexible.
- Please be aware that due to the nature of this role we ask you to be flexible with your shift time – it can be difficult to judge the length of a particular trip due to changeable traffic or weather conditions
- We request a minimum commitment of 1 x shift per week for a minimum of 3 months. Orientation and animal training will be provided.
PLEASE NOTE: As part of volunteering with us you will be required to purchase an RSPCA Volunteer T-shirt for $30. It is also a requirement that before handling animals at the RSPCA you have an up to date Tetanus vaccination.
For further information, please contact our Volunteer Department on 07 3258 5627 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or APPLY NOW below.