What to expect
This rewarding volunteer role is part of a close-knit team in our World for Pets retail store. Your role will include assisting customers with purchases, sorting, replenishing, pricing and rotating stock displays, inventory and processing payments. This position suits people who are confident, proactive in meeting people, have outstanding customer service skills, an affinity for animals and a fun and bright personality. It is also a great introduction for individuals looking to gain experience in the retail industry. If you are passionate about helping your local community and would love to be part of raising much needed funds for RSPCA Queensland, this is the role for you!
What are the benefits?
- Opportunity to gain new skills or further develop existing retail & customer service skills
- Gain experience with point of sale (POS) and EFTPOS systems, cash handling, general retail within a pet store and merchandising stock
- Working as part of a friendly and experienced team
- A meaningful way to give back to the community
- The feeling of enjoyment and happiness when the animals leave for their forever home with all the goodies they need
What are the tasks?
- Greeting customers with a smile, providing professional interactions between patrons and their animals while maintaining a safe work environment
- Answering general enquiries from customers both in store and over the telephone and providing guidance and advice relating to their pets and their purchases
- Replenishing and rotating stock and display shelves, ensuring the store is always organised and presentable
- Marking off, sorting and pricing incoming stock
- Serving customers using a point of sale (POS) system and taking cash/EFTPOS payments
What skills and characteristics do I need?
- Confidence in dealing with the general public
- Exceptional customer service skills or the ability to develop these skills
- Able to handle cash and the ability to learn how to use the cash register
- Be physically fit (able to lift up to 10kg) and able to stand for extended periods of time
- Attention to detail and be able to accurately follow instructions
- Able to work and make decisions independently as well as working as part of a team
- Bright and bubbly personality
- A willingness to learn
- Warehouse/ Inventory knowledge or experience preferred but not essential
When can I volunteer?
- Monday-Sunday 11am - 3pm.
- We request a minimum commitment of 1 x four hour shift per week for a minimum of 3 months to ensure consistency with training and reliability to the team. Orientation and training will be provided.
Where can I volunteer?
- This role is based at the World For Pets store on site at our Wacol Animal Care Campus.
PLEASE NOTE: As part of volunteering with us you will be required to purchase an RSPCA Volunteer T-Shirt for $30. It is also a requirement that before handling animals at the RSPCA that you have an up to date Tetanus vaccination.
For further information, please contact our Brisbane Volunteer coordinator on 3426 9915 or email@example.com,au or APPLY NOW below.APPLY NOW