Recruitment Assistant Volunteer Role
This important role involves building the team of volunteers at Mackay Adoption Centre. The role would suit applicants who are passionate about animals and dedicated to improving their welfare, who are outgoing and enjoy meeting new people, and have great computer and administration skills.
What to expect
- Respond via email to people applying to volunteer for specific roles at the centre.
- Booking prospective volunteers in for an orientation session.
- Run an orientation session - all new volunteers need to attend an orientation prior to commencing.
- The orientation session includes general information about RSPCA Queensland, volunteering, keeping safe and healthy when volunteering with animals, details about the roles, shifts and what to do when they arrive for their first shift.
- This role is responsible for preparing all the paperwork and handbooks for the session attendees, actually running the session, assisting the new volunteers to complete all the relevant paperwork and booking them in for their first shift
What are the benefits?
- Opportunity to gain skills and experience with various administration responsibilities relating to the RSPCA Volunteering program, and to further develop your customer service skills
- Meeting all our wonderful volunteers as they join the team and having the opportunity to make their experience a great one
- Being part of a team of enthusiastic, positive individuals focused on animal welfare
- Assisting the animals behind the scenes while getting the occasional kitten and puppy cuddles!
What skills and characteristics do I need?
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Excellent administration and organisation skills
- A sound knowledge of the Microsoft suite of products, and the ability to learn and use new database programs
- Attention to detail and able to accurately follow instructions
- Enjoy working in a team environment and have a sense of humour
- Confident and able to facilitate orientating individuals in small groups
When can I volunteer?
- The successful applicant needs to be able to commit to two shifts a week, one during the week and one at the weekend.
- Due to the amount of training involved with this role, we are looking for a mature volunteer who can commit for a minimum of 6 months.
- Orientation and animal training will be required, as the successful applicant needs to understand how the volunteering program works at Mackay Adoption Centre.
PLEASE NOTE: As part of volunteering with us you will be required to purchase an RSPCA Volunteer T-shirt for $30. It is also a requirement that before handling animals at the RSPCA you have an up to date Tetanus vaccination.
For further information, please contact our Mackay Volunteer Program Support Team on firstname.lastname@example.org, or APPLY NOW belowAPPLY NOW