What to expect
This rewarding role would suit applicants who are passionate about animals and dedicated to improving their welfare, who are outgoing and enjoy meeting new people, and have great computer and administration skills. In this role you will provide vital help to all creatures great and small by co-ordinating our very busy Volunteer sign-in reception desk at our Animal Care Wacol Campus. The Volunteer desk is really the ‘hub’ of all information for volunteers, and in this important role you will be the face of the Volunteering team at Wacol, with the opportunity to enhance the experience our volunteers have and ensure it’s a great one!
What are the benefits?
- Opportunity to gain skills and experience with various administration responsibilities and further develop your customer service skills
- Meeting all our wonderful volunteers
- Undertaking animal handling training, learning to interact with all our animals and spend quality enrichment time with them
- Being part of a team of enthusiastic, hardworking individuals who will support you in learning new skills
What are the tasks?
- Greeting volunteers on arrival for their shifts
- Assigning keys to those volunteers who need them to access various areas around the Campus, and signing the keys back in at the end of shift, or the beginning of the morning shift
- Assisting new volunteers to sign in for their first shifts, locating their Supervisor and directing them to their designated area
- Providing email login details and photo ID badges to new volunteers
- Assisting existing volunteers experiencing problems with sign in
- Signing in and out of equipment
- Ensuring the sign-in desk area is clean and tidy at all times
- Conducting ‘check in’ calls to new volunteers after their first, fifth and subsequent shifts to provide the opportunity for the volunteers to ask any questions and provide feedback on their volunteering experience so far
- Assisting the volunteering team with general administration duties as directed
What skills and characteristics do I need?
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Excellent administration, attention to detail, planning and organisation skills
- Confident, friendly nature and positive in meeting new people and making them feel welcome
- Reliable, with the ability to work independently , take initiative and multitask
- Computer literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
When can I volunteer?
- We have two vacancies available: Tuesday and Thursday 7.15am - 11.00am.
- We request a minimum commitment of 1 x four hour shift per week for a minimum of 3 months. Orientation and animal training will be required.
Where can I volunteer?
- This role is based at our Wacol Animal Care Campus in Brisbane.
PLEASE NOTE: As part of volunteering with us you will be required to purchase an RSPCA Volunteer T-shirt for $30. It is also a requirement that before handling animals at the RSPCA you have an up to date Tetanus vaccination.
For further information, please contact our Brisbane Volunteer Coordinator on 3426 9915 or email@example.com, or APPLY NOW below.APPLY NOW