What to expect
This important role involves building the team of volunteers at Kingaroy shelter. The role would suit applicants who are passionate about animals and dedicated to improving their welfare, who are outgoing and enjoy meeting new people, and have great computer and administration skills.
What are the tasks?
- In this role you will be responsible for briefing all new volunteers on their roles through conducting an orientation session for each volunteer intake
- People wishing to volunteer at the RSPCA need to attend an orientation session.
- The orientation session includes general information about RSPCA Queensland, volunteering, keeping safe and healthy when volunteering with animals, details about the roles, shifts and what to do when volunteers arrive for their first shift.
- This role is responsible for preparing all the paperwork and handbooks for the session attendees, actually running the session, assisting the new volunteers to complete all the relevant paperwork and booking them in for their first shift
- Accessing the volunteer emails, updating rosters with any leave requests, or adding in new volunteers when required.
- Notifying Manager/Staff when inductions are organised so it doesn’t clash with any other events/arrangements at the centre.
What are the benefits?
- Opportunity to gain skills and experience with various administration responsibilities relating to the RSPCA Volunteering program, and to further develop your customer service skills
- Meeting all our wonderful volunteers as they join the team and having the opportunity to make their experience a great one
- Being part of a team of enthusiastic, positive individuals focused on animal welfare
- Assisting the animals behind the scenes while getting the occasional kitty and puppy cuddles!
What skills and characteristics do I need?
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Excellent administration and organisation skills
- A sound knowledge of the Microsoft suite of products, and the ability to learn and use new database programs
- Attention to detail and able to accurately follow instructions
- Enjoy working in a team environment and have a sense of humour
When can I volunteer?
- This role is flexible. Orientations are done monthly either during the week or weekends when required. In between orientations the successful applicant can volunteer once a week with the animals.
- Due to the amount of training involved with this role, we are looking for a mature volunteer who can commit for a minimum of 6 months.
- Orientation and animal training will be required, as the successful applicant needs to understand how the volunteering program works at Kingaroy shelter.
PLEASE NOTE: As part of volunteering with us you will be required to purchase an RSPCA Volunteer T-shirt for $30. It is also a requirement that before handling animals at the RSPCA you have an up to date Tetanus vaccination.
For further information, please contact our Kingaroy Volunteer Coordinator on 07 4162 5501 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or APPLY NOW below.