What to expect
Do you have creative flair and skills in photography? Would you like to use your creative talents to help our animals be adopted? This rewarding volunteer role is an opportunity for someone who likes working collaboratively in a close-knit team and is looking for an opportunity to learn and develop their creative skills. You will have the opportunity to interact with a variety of animals.
What are the benefits?
- Opportunity to gain new skills or further experience in working with animals
- The satisfaction of knowing your skills have helped an animal advertised for adoption to find a new home
- Becoming part of a friendly new community
What are the tasks?
There are a multitude of things we can do to help promote our animals who are available for adoption. As a Volunteer Photographer your tasks will include:
- Liaising with the staff or working from the generated list, co-ordinate the photographing of these animals to produce creative, compelling profiles for each one.
- Spending time with the animals awaiting adoption to understand their personalities, any special needs and what special characteristics they display so you can feature these for prospective adopters.
- Encouraging animals using basic training and positive reinforcement to capture them in an attractive pose
- Editing photographs to upload onto RSPCA computers for display on the adopt-a-pet website
What skills and characteristics do I need?
- High levels of patience and a willingness to learn
- Some animal handling experience an advantage
- Self-directed with good time management skills
- Empathy for animals
Photographer skills and characteristics
- Eye for detail
- Good photography skills
- Your own photography equipment
- Proficient at editing and uploading photos
When can I volunteer?
- 7 days a week 9am-1pm
- We request a minimum commitment of 1 x four hour shift per week for a minimum of 3 month in this role. Orientation and animal training will be required.
PLEASE NOTE: As part of volunteering with us you will be required to purchase an RSPCA Volunteer T-shirt for $30. It is also a requirement that before handling animals at the RSPCA you have an up to date Tetanus vaccination.
For further information, please contact our Toowoomba Volunteer Program Support Team on 07 4634 1304 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or APPLY NOW below.
*** Please upload your CV and examples of your work/provide a link to your Portfolio with examples of your work when applying for this position ***