Want to join an amazing team that, every year, is responsible for giving hundreds of animals a second chance at life? RSPCA Kingaroy needs dedicated and passionate volunteers to provide support in the foster care program. Can you provide administrative and hands-on animal assistance to one of the most pivotal programs in our organisation?
We’re looking for volunteers who can commit to one shift each week, for a minimum of three months.
Foster support volunteers work alongside our foster care coordinators, though often independently, to place animals into temporary foster homes and to provide support to our carers for the duration of the placement.
Your jobs will include:
- identifying and contacting suitable foster carers for those animals in need of temporary home care
- preparing all paperwork and equipment required by the foster carer e.g. food, bedding, travel crates and toys
- administering intestinal wormer and flea treatments to canines and felines
- greeting foster carers and explaining the requirements of the animal
- updating our Sheltermate database
- calling carers to monitor the progress of the animals while in care
We will provide all training, in all aspects of the role, however you will need to bring:
- Excellent people skills
- A good phone manner
- Sound computer skills (e.g. basic database use, emailing)
- Sound administrative skills (i.e. able to follow step-by-step standard operating procedures and guidelines)
- Confidence in handling cats, kittens, dogs and puppies
- A commitment to attending each and every shift
Ready to make a difference? The role of Volunteer Foster Supporter, is ready for YOU.
For further information, please contact our Kingaroy Volunteer Coordinator on 07 4162 5501 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or APPLY NOW below.