What to expect
This role would suit applicants who have a basic understanding of the principles and processes involved in a curatorial or archival environment. You will be assisting our Curator, Graham, in various projects surrounding RSPCA Qld’s history including digitising and registering photos, reports and other documents. This position would suit anyone with an interest or background in material culture, museum studies, archive management, librarianship and/or history.
What are the benefits?
- Gain knowledge and insight into archive management and RSPCA Qld’s 150+ year rich history
- Build on existing computer skills
- Have the satisfaction of using your valuable skills to support the RSPCA and to give back to the community
What are the tasks?
- Photo and annual report digitisation and documentation
- Historical documentation of various aspects of RSPCA Qld
- Library cataloguing
- Research for interpretive display, cataloguing and other projects
- Routine administrative and file maintenance as required
What skills and characteristics do I need?
- Formal training and experience in academic research
- Basic computer skills
- Attention to detail and able to accurately follow instructions
- Ability to think analytically and problem solve
- Able to work without supervision but also enjoy working closely within a two-person team
When can I volunteer?
- Wednesdays. Some flexibility once the candidate is familiar and comfortable with their tasks.
- We request a commitment of 1 shift per week or one day a fortnight for a minimum of 3 months. Orientation and training will be provided.
Where can I volunteer?
- This role is based at our Wacol Animal Care Campus in Brisbane.
PLEASE NOTE: As part of volunteering with us you will be required to purchase an RSPCA Volunteer T-shirt for $30. It is also a requirement that before handling animals at the RSPCA you have an up to date Tetanus vaccination.
For further information, please contact our Brisbane Volunteer Coordinator on 3426 9915 or email@example.com, or APPLY NOW below.APPLY NOW