What to expect
This rewarding role would suit applicants who are passionate about animals and dedicated to improving their welfare; and who are passionate about helping the RSPCA achieve their goals of helping animals, enlightening people and changing lives. In this role you will provide vital help to all creatures great and small by assisting the Community Fundraising team in a variety of tasks that cover events, appeals and community fundraising.
What are the benefits?
- Have the satisfaction of using your valuable skills and experience to support the RSPCA and to give back to the community
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment with the opportunity to learn more about RSPCA Queensland operations
- Being part of a respected, professional team of enthusiastic, like-minded individuals who will support you in learning new skills
What are the tasks?
- Administration Tasks can include:-
- General data entry tasks as required
- Updating and cleansing supporter details on the CRM database
- Assisting with mailouts (includes data referencing, folding letters, hand writing)
- Contacting supporters by phone and/or email where relevant
- Providing general administrative support to the Fundraising Team as required
- Event and Community Fundraising Tasks can include:-
- Assisting in all aspects of event production and administration for key fundraising events such as the Million Paws Walk, Cupcake Day etc
- Updating external event web listings
- Liaising with fundraisers to assist them with their event or gain information
- Event evaluations – ie. Survey response collating
- Packing items for use at events
- Provide assistance and ongoing guidance and support for community fundraisers - both individuals and community groups
- Ensuring donation boxes are delivered to and picked up from the correct locations as per the list provided and collecting money from stores/businesses and bringing that back to RSPCA head office
What skills and characteristics do I need?
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- High level computer skills including excel and data entry experience
- Excellent administration, attention to detail, planning and organisation skills
- A very high level of discretion as you will handling sensitive data.
- Reliable and professional with the ability to work independently and as part of a team, take initiative and multitask
- For elements of the role that require driving an RSPCA vehicle applicants must hold a current manual driver’s license and have sound driving ability, confident in heavy traffic and all weather conditions and be physically fit (able to lift 10kg)
When can I volunteer?
- If you are most interested in the Event and Community Fundraising tasks, we need assistance on: Monday or Tuesday, 1pm – 5pm
- We request a minimum commitment of 1 x four hour shift per week for a minimum of 3 months. Orientation and animal training will be required.
PLEASE NOTE: As part of volunteering with us you will be required to purchase an RSPCA Volunteer T-shirt for $30. It is also a requirement that before handling animals at the RSPCA you have an up to date Tetanus vaccination.
For further information, please contact our Brisbane Volunteer Coordinator on 3426 9915 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or APPLY NOW below.