Make a difference to one of the most vital areas of our organisation – the RSPCA call centre!
- Are you passionate about animal welfare?
- Do you have previous experience in administration?
- Are you confident using computers?
- Are you looking to gain valuable experience in a call centre environment?
What to expect
This rewarding volunteer role would suit applicants who are passionate about animals and dedicated to improving their welfare. RSPCA is currently in need of people who would like to use their valuable life skills and time to perform administrative tasks in our busy call centre. In this role you will take part in call centre training which covers the RSPCA computer and telephone systems. This training will enable you to respond to email enquiries about animal adoptions, lost and found animals and general enquiries. You will also assist in transcribing the telephone messages for our operators. You may also be trained to dispatch wildlife rescuers and the RSPCA ambulances to injured animals, answer general enquiries, respond to emails and perform other data entry tasks.
“Volunteering as an Admin and Dispatch helper in the Call Centre has helped build my confidence and has taught me new skills. Everyone in the Call Centre is a delight to work with and is more than happy to help when needed. This is my second time volunteering in this department and I really enjoy it. I would highly recommend the Call Centre because is incredibly rewarding to be able to help animals in need!”
– Belynda, Volunteer at RSPCA Wacol.
What are the benefits?
- Have the satisfaction of using your valuable people, telephone, computer and problem-solving skills to give back to the community
- Be part of a great team of people that have one thing in common – an affinity with animals
- Opportunity to learn new and valuable skills in a professional, high-energy call centre environment
What are the tasks?
The position may include:
- Providing exceptional customer service at all times
- Downloading messages from the telephone system and transcribing them to the intranet for follow up
- Answering and directing incoming calls from a number of diverse call queues including general enquiries, lost and found, wildlife, animal emergencies, cruelty complaints etc
- Using the RSPCA systems and resources to help find lost animals and reunite them with their owners and locate rescuers for injured wildlife.
- Acquiring details to dispatch wildlife rescuers and the RSPCA Animal Ambulance to assist injured animals
- Answering emails from a number of inboxes on a range of topics eg lost and found, administration etc
- Maintaining and updating accurate records on our internal database
- Ad hoc administrative duties as directed eg printing and collating documents, updating databases, writing descriptions for animals available for adoption, ensuring the general tidiness of the call centre area etc
What skills and characteristics do I need?
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Excellent administration and organisation skills
- Able to learn new tasks quickly
- Attention to detail and able to accurately follow instructions
- Enjoy working in a team environment
When can I volunteer?
- The shifts are four hours in duration. At this time we are recruiting for admin assistance for the following time slots, 7 Days a week;
We request a minimum commitment of 1 x four hour shift per week for a minimum of 3 months. Orientation and training will be required.
We would love to talk to you further about how you can join our wonderful team!
Spend a few hours making a real difference by helping animals find their forever homes.
PLEASE NOTE: As part of volunteering with us you will be required to purchase an RSPCA Volunteer T-shirt for $30. It is also a requirement that before handling animals at the RSPCA you have an up to date Tetanus vaccination.
For further information, please contact our Customer Experience Volunteer Coordinator on 07 3258 5689 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or APPLY NOW below.APPLY NOW