What to Expect
This rewarding volunteer role involves transferring our animals to the local vet surgeries, or collecting animals from the Kingaroy Shelter and transferring them either to Wacol Campus in Brisbane or the surrounding RSPCA shelters in Toowoomba, Bundaberg, Noosa and Dakabin. The driver will be responsible for the safe transportation of the animals in their care, and will be representing the RSPCA in a positive manner whilst driving a branded RSPCA vehicle. You will liaise with a number of other agencies with whom the RSPCA is affiliated.
- Experience towing a trailer, however not all transfers will use the trailer.
- Sound driving skills with a clean open drivers licence.
- Need to be a courteous and considerate driver with good communication skills, as you will be representing the RSPCA.
- You need to be physically fit and able to lift 10kgs.
- Good animal handling skills.
Skills to be gained
- Opportunity to gain knowledge of the how the RSPCA operates. Working in a friendly team and meeting new people. Improved animal handling skills. The opportunity to make a difference in your local community.
When can I volunteer
- Due to the nature of this role we ask you to be flexible with your shift time– the day may vary and the length of the shift will be different due to changeable traffic or weather conditions
- We request a minimum commitment of 1 x shift per week for a minimum of 3 months. Orientation and animal training will be provided.
PLEASE NOTE: As part of volunteering with us you will be required to purchase an RSPCA Volunteer T-shirt for $30. It is also a requirement that before handling animals at the RSPCA you have an up to date Tetanus vaccination.
For further information, please contact our Kingaroy Volunteer Coordinator on 07 4162 5501 or email@example.com, or APPLY NOW below.