This rewarding volunteer role is for the Mackay RSPCA - Shopping Centre Fundraising role. This will include volunteers attending the local Shopping Centre in Mackay to raise awareness for RSPCA Mackay Adoption Centre, talk to the public about the work of the RSPCA in regards to fundraising and accepting donations. In this role you will have the opportunity to bring your own dog with you (Please note: all dogs must have an assessment completed yearly through the Mackay shelter) or we can provide you with a life like pet (toy).
What are the benefits?
- The personal satisfaction of helping animals by raising much needed funds
- Creating awareness of upcoming events
- Becoming part of a friendly new community
- Gaining an understanding of RSPCA
What are the tasks?
- Promoting RSPCA and the services we have to offer
- Speaking to members of the public to answer general enquiries
- Customer service
- Cash handling
What skills and characteristics do I need?
- Great interpersonal communication skills
- Good understanding of RSPCA’s mission and stance on animal welfare issues
- Bright and fun approach to customers / RSPCA
- Commitment and the ability to work independently
When can I volunteer?
- The position is flexible. We have a weekly roster available although volunteers may also commit to a fortnightly or monthly roster. Full orientation and training is provided.
- Monday - Friday shifts available 9:00am - 1:00pm and 1:00pm - 5:00pm
- Saturday and Sunday shifts available 10:00am - 2:00pm
Please Note: As part of volunteering with us you will be required to purchase an RSPCA Volunteer T-shirt for $30. It is also a requirement that before handling animals at RSPCA you have an up to date Tetanus vaccination.
For further information, please contact our Mackay Volunteer Program Support Team on firstname.lastname@example.org, or APPLY NOW below.