What to expect
Are you interested in gaining experience in recruitment and assisting our People Services team? We are looking for an organised, enthusiastic volunteer to assist the Volunteering and Human Resources Departments with recruitment, selection and daily duties. Ideally, you will have a background in or be studying towards qualifications in business, human resources or volunteer management.
What are the benefits?
- Opportunity to learn new and valuable human resource management skills in a professional environment;
- Use your skills and experience to support the RSPCA while adding work experience to your resume;
- Be part of a great team of people and help the RSPCA achieve their goals of helping animals, enlightening people and changing lives.
- Assisting in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process, including:
- Outbound phone calls,
- Shortlisting candidates in line with paid and volunteer job requirements,
- Assisting with Group Assessments,
- Assisting with the on-boarding of staff and volunteers.
- Maintaining and updating compliance databases, personnel files and our second hand uniform supplies,
- Providing general support to the People Services Team as required.
- General data entry tasks and filing as required.
- The ideal candidate will have a background in or be studying towards qualifications in Human Resources, Volunteer Management, Business, Organisational Psychology or Employment Law.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills,
- Excellent administration, planning and organisation skills,
- Attention to detail and able to accurately follow instructions,
- Enjoy working in a team environment.
- We have vacancies available on Monday or Thursday any 4 hours between 10am - 5pm. We are able to be flexible with the shift times, for the right candidate.We request a minimum commitment of 1 x four hour shift per week for a minimum of 3 months. Orientation and animal training will be required.
Where can I volunteer?
- This role is based at our Wacol Animal Care Campus in Brisbane
For further information, please contact our Brisbane Volunteer Coordinator on 3426 9915 or email@example.com, or APPLY NOW below.