What to expect
This is a unique opportunity to volunteer in a role where you can use your creative skills and talents to help the many animals at the RSPCA Wacol campus find their forever homes. Our Pop Up adoption initiative aims to regularly promote a specific group of animals for adoption by advertising them in a variety of locations. RSPCA Queensland is working in partnership with a number of businesses such as shopping centres, Telstra shops, sporting arenas, cafes, beauty salons, mall windows and, of course, RSPCA events to display creative materials advertising these animals.
Your role is to assist with the creation and production of compelling, creative materials to help the public engage in new ways with our animals, and to promote a response or enquiry to adopt. In addition, you will be given the opportunity to come up with creative new ideas and see them come to fruition.
Approximately 30 animals are promoted per month, with up to 400 pieces of advertising material being created. In addition, new materials are being created for longer term use, promoting the general idea of adopting a pet from the RSPCA.
What are the benefits?
- Opportunity to improve your graphic design skills
- Opportunity to learn to use specialised equipment such as a laser cutter and large-scale printer
- Gain Marketing experience
- The satisfaction of knowing your skills have helped an animal advertised for adoption to find a new home
- Working in a team of other like-minded, skilled volunteers
What are the tasks?
- Creating new, compelling and engaging ways to interest people in wanting to adopt an animal
- Creating materials to be used for the Pop Up adoption initiative, and also campaign and promotional materials such as posters, donation boxes, banners, flyers etc
- Printing and laser cutting large-scale images, sticking them to heavy duty card and packing and sending them to the businesses where they will be displayed
- Experimenting with new approaches, and making prototypes of materials for consideration
What skills and characteristics do I need?
- Creativity and a willingness to learn
- The ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Adobe illustrator skills an advantage
- Ability to learn to use specialist equipment such as a laser cutter and large-scale printer
- Patience and flexibility
- Willingness to undertake practical, hands-on tasks as required eg assembling boxes or promotional materials
Please note: due to the level of supervision in this role, you must be at least 18 years of age to volunteer.
When can I volunteer?
- Current vacancies are on Wednesday and Thursday 9am-1pm only
- We request a minimum commitment of 1 x four hour shift per week for a minimum of 3 months. Orientation and animal training will be required.
Where can I volunteer?
- This role is based at our Wacol Animal Care Campus in Brisbane.
PLEASE NOTE: As part of volunteering with us you will be required to purchase an RSPCA Volunteer T-shirt for $30 It is also a requirement that before handling animals at the RSPCA you have an up to date Tetanus vaccination.
For further information, please contact our Brisbane Volunteer Coordinator on 3426 9915 or email@example.com, or APPLY NOW below.
*** Please upload your CV and examples of your work/provide a link to your Portfolio with examples of your work when applying for this position ***