What to expect
If you are passionate about animals and making a real difference to their care and welfare, this rewarding volunteer role could be for you. The General Volunteer Driver role primarily involves taking animals from the RSPCA Shelter and transferring them to other shelters, shops and partnered locations in a dedicated RSPCA Animal Transfer vehicle. Some transfers will be statewide.
You are responsible for the safe transportation of the animals in your care, and will be representing the RSPCA in a positive manner whilst driving an RSPCA branded vehicle. In this role you will also be required to liaise with a number of other agencies with whom the RSPCA is partnered with to rehome animals.
What are the benefits
- Opportunity to gain knowledge of the how the RSPCA operates.
- Working in a friendly team and meeting new people
- Improved animal handling skills
- The opportunity to make a difference and know you are helping our animals find their forever homes
- Crating appropriately and loading the animals to be transported
- Liaising with staff at affiliated organisations and businesses regarding the drop off and pick up of animals
- Ensuring the safety of the animals in your care whilst transporting them
- Be a courteous and considerate driver
- Good communication skills
- Over 25 years old with a clean, manual open drivers license
- Sound driving skills and the ability to cope in traffic
- Physically fit and able to lift 10kg
- Good animal handling skills
When can I volunteer?
- Current rostered shifts include: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday - flexible times.
- This volunteer role is also available on a flexible basis when we need assistance.
- Full orientation and training is provided.
PLEASE NOTE: As part of volunteering with us you will be required to purchase an RSPCA Volunteer T-shirt for $30.
For further information, please contact our Brisbane Volunteer Coordinator on 3426 9915 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or APPLY NOW below.APPLY NOW