This rewarding volunteer role involves helping Mackay RSPCA Adoption Centre organise community events. This will include helping with community fundraising events such as BBQ’s, market information stalls, promote any upcoming events by distributing pamphlets, putting up posters within the community, assisting with kitten pop-up adoptions in the local shopping centres. Volunteers may be asked to set up promotional stands with merchandise items, talk to the public about the work of the RSPCA, and assist in handling animals and accepting donations. We are also looking for an Event Coordinator to assist the regional manager with these events.
What are the benefits?
- The personal satisfaction of helping animals by raising much needed funds
- Creating awareness of upcoming events
- Becoming part of a friendly new community
- Gaining an understanding of RSPCA
- Opportunity to improve interpersonal and teamwork skills
What are the tasks?
- Speaking to members of the public to answer general enquiries
- Setting up and packing away promotional stands
- Customer service
- Cash handling
- Assisting in animal handling at some event
What skills and characteristics do I need?
- Great interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organisational and management skills
- Good understanding of RSPCA’s mission and stance on animal welfare issues
- Be physically fit (able to lift 10kg) and comfortable in a wide variety of outdoor situations
- Bright and fun approach to events
- Commitment and the ability to work independently
- Comfortable with animal interactions
- Driving/towing experience would be great but not essential
When can I volunteer?
- The position requires the successful applicants to attend casual shifts based on community bookings. There is no weekly commitment. Full orientation and training is provided.
Please Note: As part of volunteering with us you will be required to purchase an RSPCA Volunteer T-shirt for $30. It is also a requirement that before handling animals at RSPCA you have an up to date Tetanus vaccination.
For further information, please contact our Mackay Volunteer Program Support Team on email@example.com, or APPLY NOW below.