This rewarding volunteer role involves helping Bundaberg RSPCA organise community events. This will include doing fundraising events eg: BBQ’s, promote any upcoming events by distributing pamphlets, putting up posters within the community eg: Million Paws Walk, Santa Paws. Volunteers may be asked to set up promotional stands with merchandise items, talk to the public about the work of the RSPCA and accept donations.
What are the benefits?
- The personal satisfaction of helping animals by raising much needed funds
- Creating awareness of upcoming events
- Becoming part of a friendly new community
- Gaining an understanding of RSPCA
- Opportunity to improve interpersonal and teamwork skills
What are the tasks?
- Speaking to members of the public to answer general enquiries
- Setting up and packing away promotional stands
- Customer service
- Cash handling
What skills and characteristics do I need?
- Great interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organisational and management skills
- Good understanding of RSPCA’s mission and stance on animal welfare issues
- Be physically fit (able to lift 10kg) and comfortable in a wide variety of outdoor situations
- Bright and fun approach to events
- Commitment and the ability to work independently.
When can I volunteer?
- The position requires the successful applicants to attend casual shifts based on community bookings. There is no weekly commitment. Full orientation and training is provided.
PLEASE NOTE: As part of volunteering with us you will be required to purchase an RSPCA Volunteer T-shirt for $30. It is also a requirement that before handling animals at the RSPCA you have an up to date Tetanus vaccination.
For further information, please contact our Bundaberg Volunteer Program Support Team on 07 4115 1736 or email@example.com, or APPLY NOW below.APPLY NOW