What to expect
At RSPCA Queensland we are committed to doing everything we can to find homes for the thousands of animals that walk through our doors every year. We understand that it’s not always possible for people to visit one of our shelters, so we have launched our Community Activation program to make adoption more accessible. In this role you will assist in RSPCA offsite Adoption Pop-Ups by attending local markets and events. You will engage with the public on animal welfare issues and facilitate adoptions. A variety of different responsibilities are available under this role including team management, animal handling and customer service. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about animal welfare and are committed to finding our furry friend’s forever homes. Volunteers in this role must work well in a team environment and have great interpersonal skills.
What are the benefits?
- Satisfaction of helping animals find their furever homes
- Creating awareness of important animal welfare issues
- Becoming part of a friendly new community
- Gaining an understanding of RSPCA QLD
- Opportunity to improve interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Flexible roster. A great role for those who can't make the weekly commitment
What are the tasks?
- Speaking to members of the public to answer general enquiries and increase animals chances of adoption
- Setting up and packing away the stall
- Maintaining general presentation
- Customer service
- Cash handling
What skills and characteristics do I need?
- Great interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organisational and management skills
- Good understanding of RSPCA’s mission and stance on animal welfare issues
- Be physically fit (able to lift 10kg) and comfortable in a wide variety of outdoor situations
- Bright and fun approach to events
- Willingness to cuddle ridiculously cute animals
When can I volunteer?
- Events occur throughout the week at all different times. This is a flexible role where you can liaise with the Coordinator regarding your availability.
- Orientation and animal training will be provided.
PLEASE NOTE: As part of volunteering with us you will be required to purchase an RSPCA Volunteer T-shirt for $30. It is also a requirement that before handling animals at the RSPCA you have an up to date Tetanus vaccination.
For further information, please contact our Brisbane Volunteer Coordinator on 3426 9915 or email@example.com, or APPLY NOW below.