This rewarding role would suit volunteers who enjoy engaging with members of the community and promoting the programs and services that RSPCA Qld provides in the community. You’ll be part of the Community Crew team and participating in a range of different activities, including (but not limited to!) market stalls, events, barbeques, adoption events, and corporate events. These events will mostly be on the weekends, but there may be some weekday events as well.
What are the benefits?
- Helping to raise awareness of the services that RSPCA provides in the community
- Raising funds to help animals in need
- Promote animals available for adoption
- Be part of the Community Crew team
What are the tasks?
- Represent RSPCA Qld in the community and share your passion for animal welfare
- Seek out new and innovative opportunities in your community
- Assist and organise community events
- Create future animal advocates through educational visits
- Promote RSPCA Qld services and support programs
- Promote RSPCA Events
- Help raise funds
What skills and characteristics do I need?
- Be friendly, positive and enthusiastic
- The ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
- Great communication skills and ability to follow directions
- Confidence in answering questions from members of the public
- Good understanding of RSPCA’s mission and stance on animal welfare issues, or willingness to learn
When can I volunteer?
This volunteer position is flexible. Activities as part of this role will be on different times and days, or may be a regular shift, depending on the event. Full orientation and training is provided.
You will be required to attend a monthly Community Crew meeting.
We are looking for volunteers who can assist for a minimum of 3 months.
PLEASE NOTE: It is also a requirement that before handling animals at the RSPCA you have an up to date Tetanus vaccination.
For further information, please contact our Volunteer Program Support Team on firstname.lastname@example.org, or APPLY NOW below.
** The application form asks if you are willing to purchase a volunteer shirt as part of your role – please note that this is not a requirement for this volunteer role.**