This rewarding role would suit volunteers who enjoy engaging with members of the community and promoting the programs and services that RSPCA Qld provides in the community. You’ll be part of the Community Crew team and participating in a range of different activities, including (but not limited to!) market stalls, events, barbeques, adoption events, and corporate events. These events will mostly be on the weekends, but there may be some weekday events as well.
What are the benefits?
- Helping to raise awareness of the services that RSPCA provides in the community
- Raising funds to help animals in need
- Promote animals available for adoption
- Be part of the Community Crew team
What are the tasks?
- Promoting RSPCA and the services we have to offer
- Represent RSPCA Qld in the community
- Encouraging and promoting donations
- Monitor animals at the set up available for adoption
- Be responsible for setting up and maintaining a tidy area
- Answering enquiries on a range of topics (e.g. volunteering, fostering, adoptions, RSPCA services)
- Promoting responsible pet ownership and higher welfare practices
It may also include, depending on the event:
- Selling raffle tickets
- Promoting or advertising events
- Selling RSPCA merchandise
- Assisting with on-site or off-site events, including general set up, running a stall or pack down
What skills and characteristics do I need?
- Be friendly, positive and enthusiastic
- The ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
- Great communication skills and ability to follow directions
- Confidence in answering questions from members of the public
- Good understanding of RSPCA’s mission and stance on animal welfare issues, or willingness to learn
When can I volunteer?
This volunteer position is flexible. Activities as part of this role will be on different times and days, or may be a regular shift, depending on the event. Full orientation and training is provided.
We are looking for volunteers who can assist for a minimum of 3 months.
PLEASE NOTE: It is also a requirement that before handling animals at the RSPCA you have an up to date Tetanus vaccination.
For further information, please contact our Mackay Volunteer Program Support Team on firstname.lastname@example.org, or APPLY NOW below.
** The application form asks if you are willing to purchase a volunteer shirt as part of your role – please note that this is not a requirement for this volunteer role.**