What to expect
This position is with our Business Partnerships area at the Animal Care Campus at Wacol. The role will interact with key stakeholders for the RSPCA and you will be required to professionally handle general corporate enquiries, including those relating to volunteering opportunities and visits from the RSPCA. Initially, in this role you will manage the corporate volunteering requests and communication for the enclosure sponsorship program. As your experience grows, you will progress to delivering high value interactions between businesses and animals waiting to be adopted. This role will suit people who have exceptional “people skills” and an affinity for animals. The role also requires someone who is confident and proactive on the phone.
What are the benefits?
- Opportunity to gain new skills or further develop existing administration/communication expertise
- Experience with data entry and administration tasks
- The personal satisfaction of helping animals to find their ‘furever’ homes
- Time to play and interact with the animals in your care
- Play an important role in engaging the corporate community in our work
What are the tasks?
The position includes:
- Managing general enquiries from corporate organisations wishing to visit or volunteer at the campus
- Managing communication, through e-marketing software, for an enclosure sponsorship program
- Making phone calls to secure additional support for in-kind donations to shelters or fundraising events
- Creating a comfortable dialogue in which customers are willing to confide and openly discuss their situation and their reasons for adopting
- Managing interactions between corporate volunteers and animals, with attention to the safety of all parties
- Assisting with business partnership paperwork and data entry
- Reception and administrative tasks as required
What skills and characteristics do I need?
- Confidence in working with animals and dealing with the general public
- Ability to think on your feet and learn on the job
- Advanced interpersonal communication skills
- Empathy, patience and the ability to listen carefully
- Outstanding customer service skills, driven by empathy and understanding
- Be physically fit (able to lift 10kg) and able to stand for long periods
- Attention to detail and able to accurately follow instructions
- Able to take initiative, and work and make decisions independently
When can I volunteer?
- Wednesdays in addition to either Tuesday or Thursday
- We request a minimum commitment of 16 x hours per week for a minimum of 3 months to ensure consistency and continuity. Orientation and training will be provided.
PLEASE NOTE: As part of volunteering with us you will be required to purchase an RSPCA Volunteer T-shirt for $25. It is also a requirement that before handling animals at the RSPCA you have an up to date Tetanus vaccination.
For further information, please contact our Brisbane Volunteer Coordinator on 3426 9915 or email@example.com, or APPLY NOW below.APPLY NOW