What to expect
This rewarding volunteer role involves working in our World for Pets Retail Store in Springwood as part of a close-knit team. Your role will include assisting customers with purchases, sorting and pricing stock, replenishing the retail displays and cash handling. If you are passionate about helping your local community and would love to help raise much needed funds for RSPCA Queensland, this is the job for you. This role will suit people who have exceptional customer service skills and an affinity for animals. They will be confident and proactive in meeting people, and will also have to be confident handling cash, using a cash register and EFTPOS machine.
What are the benefits?
- Opportunity to gain new skills or further develop existing customer service skills
- Experience with cash handling and general retail and merchandising experience
- Working as part of a close-knit team
- Becoming part of a friendly new community
What are the tasks?
- Meeting and greeting customers and directing them accordingly
- Assisting customers with purchases and advising on the suitability of products for their needs
- Sorting and pricing incoming stock
- Ensuring stock is displayed in an organised and attractive way
- Replenishing retail displays throughout the store and ensuring they are maintained
- Serving customers using a cash register and taking cash/EFTPOS payments for products
- Answering general enquiries from customers both in store and telephone enquiries, and providing guidance and advice relating to their pets and purchases
- Managing interactions between customers and animals, with attention to the safety of all parties
- Assisting with adoption paperwork and data entry as required
What skills and characteristics do I need?
- Confidence in dealing with the general public
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Able to handle cash and to learn how to use the cash register
- Be physically fit (able to lift 10kg) and able to stand for long periods
- Attention to detail and able to accurately follow instructions
- Able to work and make decisions independently as well as working as part of a team
When can I volunteer?
- Monday to Sunday 9am-1pm or 1pm-5pm
- We request a minimum commitment of 1 x four hour shift per week for a minimum of 3 months to ensure consistency and continuity with the animals. Orientation and animal training will be provided.
PLEASE NOTE: As part of volunteering with us you will be required to purchase an RSPCA Volunteer T-shirt for $25. It is also a requirement that before handling animals at the RSPCA you have an up to date Tetanus vaccination.
For further information, please contact our Brisbane Volunteer Coordinator on 3426 9915 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or APPLY NOW below.APPLY NOW