ARE YOU CYCLONE READY?
A Tropical Low in the Coral Sea should develop into a tropical cyclone and move west towards the coast over the weekend. It has been showing signs for strengthening and moving towards the south.
Given the expected intensification of the low and the forecast track towards the coast, coastal and island communities between Cape Tribulation and Proserpine, including the Whitsunday Islands, may be affected by this expected Tropical Cyclone during Saturday evening or Sunday morning.
Keep up to date with weather warnings in your area on the Bureau of Meteorology website. Visit www.bom.gov.au
- Are you prepared? Visit www.getready.qld.gov.au
- For alerts in your area visit www.qldalert.com
- Prepare your pets. Visit Queensland Government
ENSURE YOUR PET HAS IDENTIFICATION
If your pet becomes lost in a storm, having appropriate ID can help them be reunited safely. Is your pet microchipped and has a collar with ID?
WHAT TO DO IF YOU LOSE OR FIND A PET
Contact our RSPCA Qld Lost & Found team on 1300 363 736 and contact your local Council
TIPS TO ENSURE YOUR PETS ARE SAFE
- Create a safe and secure space for all of your animals
- Don’t tether pets if outside - they may do themselves more harm trying to break free
- Provide access to water and food in heavy bowls if outdoors
- Keep your cats indoors
- Take time to prepare a Disaster Pet Preparedness Plan for you and your pet if you need to evacuate
- Ensure objects in your yard are tied down
WATCH FOR WILDLIFE
Call 1300 ANIMAL to report any sick or injured animals in need of assistance.
Be Prepared, Act Early, Be Considerate, Act Safe and follow the advice in the Pets in Emergencies Action Guide. For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.
Remember, if it's flooded, forget it!